The Inside Scoop
Q&A With College Admissions Officials
1. What are the key feature(s) that you seek in an undergraduate candidate?
2. What would be the biggest or most common mistake that students make on their application?
3. What advice do you have for high school students who plan to apply in the future?
4. What is the most common misconception that people have about your admissions process?
5. There is a trend of rebellion against standardized testing. Some say that standardized tests help make the process faster/easier, but adds bias and inaccuracy when assessing a student's future potential. What are your thoughts on this subject?
6. What are some of the more popular/selective majors at your college?
7. How does major selection impact your assessment of an applicant?
8. How "transfer friendly" is your school?
9. Tell us a fun fact, unique story, or piece of insider information most people don't know about your school.